This Christmas, I'm not thinking so much about gifts or dinner. Instead, I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought of the Messianic prophecy. God is a promise keeper.
Maybe Christmas should be a verb. And instead of being a memory, it should be an invitation to encounter God and get to know Him.
Maybe Christmas is a challenge. God challenges us to move in ways that glorify and exemplify the very reason for this holiday. Jesus' birth challenges us to have the courage to be joyful without turning a blind eye to the pain of the world. The need for salvation challenges us to be forgiving, merciful, and gracious with one another in spite of our shortcomings. God's great sacrifice challenges us to give without having second thoughts or doubts even though some may not be grateful or in our case, repentant. Jesus challenges us to acknowledge and meditate on God's great love for us while accepting the fact that we are not the center of the universe.
Maybe Christmas is a reminder that God's truth endures all generations. Maybe it's a reminder that God is the truest lover of our souls because He loved us far greater and more deeply than anyone else ever could long before the prophecy was ever uttered.
I woke up this morning so full of joy and delight and warm feelings (Lol), just thinking about how far God was and is willing to go for us. His love is perfect and timeless and He's proven time and time again.
I'm writing this because no matter how few read it, I challenge you to meditate on God's love today and ask him to help you seek him even after today.

Comments
Post a Comment