Skip to main content

Hello? Is This Thing On?

Yes. I hear you. 

Why is no one listening to me?

I am. Don't you hear me? 

Why does it seem like I;m always on my own?

You're never on your own. I'm still with you. 

Well, yes. I hear YOU, but I want to hear more than you. I want them, too. I want to be hear-

You are being heard.

Sure, bu-

Am I not enough? 

What-

 I'm the only one who is always with you, listening and watching, and I'm the only one who is never enough. And if they never hear you? What if they never pay you any mind? Will I ever be enough for you? 

Yeah, bu-

Yes or no. 

I know I should say yes, but at this point I don't know. YOU told me to do this and say that and I'm doing it, but it doesn't seem to get through to anyone. People don't listen to me or pay attention to mess, so WHAT. IS. THE POINT?!

They won't hear you until you become content with my hearing you. 

But I feel like I'm alone, shouting from within a well and no one can hear me. I feel forgotte-

I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN YOU! You are mine, not theirs. Princess, everything you do should be unto me. Until you learn to be content with me, it won't matter if there are 2 or 200,000 people people listening to you. Whose your target audience and why? 
________________

I had a conversation with God over the course of a few days, wherein I was becoming increasingly frustrated about feeling ignored and unheard.He reminded me that purpose isn't fulfilled for my glory, which is what accolades and attention would've been had I received them. But all God has and is calling me to do is for His glory. Shouldn't all this work, therefore, be unto Him and with Him as the target audience?

I'm reminded of Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

I've heard about having the heart of a servant, but isn't a servant's work pleasing to God when it's done unto God and not men? It's encouraging to know that I'm no further from Heaven than anyone with more social media followers and that good work is never unaccounted for and never goes unnoticed. 

It's hard, living for God and not people. It's hard, keeping in mind that God really is always here for me and that that's better than any other kind of support. It's hard, but not an impossible mindset to achieve; I just know it. One of my favorite things to tell people is that God knows and understands the magnitude of things He asks of us. He knows how hard his instructions can be to follow, how tempting rebellion is, and how easy it would be pretend He isn't here. So, when it seems like no one else is around or is willing to lend an ear or be attentive to you, try God. When people ignore you, go to God. He's always vying for a seat in your VIP section and always seated front-row at your performances, readings, etc. Your mic's on, don't worry. Just make sure you're targeting the right audience. 

And in remembering that your mic is always on and hot (Lol.), bear in mind that no matter how it seems, someone is always watching. It is almost always someone who needs to see God in you. So, what will you show them? How? And at what cost? 

Whose attention are you seeking and why?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Count Me Out

My mom said, "Your life is not over. It still has purpose. Don't give up."    I'm having a hard time believing that today. I'm feeling left behind and forgotten. A part of me feels like I'm back where I'm started. Introverted. Alone. No one knows me and so no one gives me a chance. A part of me wants to pursue what God has for me in spite of the people who have given up on me and talked about me and mocked me. But I'd be doing it for the wrong reason and I'd be no better than them. Focused on the wrong thing.     Man, this is painful. I know that God has me here for a reason and he's showing me every day, but I want bigger and better than this. God, what is it that I haven't learned yet? What do you want from me? Don't leave me here.  "In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears." Psalm 18:6    It's hard, bein...

Arrogance: A Lesson In Humility

1. Drop the "what can they/it do for me?" attitude.           Seriously, maybe Kennedy hit the mark on that one. We're so concerned about our own benefit that we sometimes forget about our calling: service. Our serving the community unto God may not always directly and/or immediately benefit us. But if our ultimate goal is to please God (and selfless service in His name according to His purpose DOES please the Father), our attitude should take a pretty sharp turn at salvation by grace through faith, family. Benefits me turns into benefits God and shows people His perfect love and plan for them. 2. What's so wrong with initiating dialogue or positive connections and reconciliation?      We're quick to say "be the bigger person" to children, but we hate leading by example. What will it hurt to be the bigger person in real life? What might suffer if you start the dialogue and call a truce or apologize first? Easy. Your pride. ...

I Wish I'd Met Christ Before I Met Christians: Part 2

Why Can't Anybody Tell Us Anything?             I hope that you've read and meditated a bit on last weeks' blog post, the first in this series, 'Why Can't We Get Along In The Church?' After reading, I hope you really gave some thought to the idea that everybody isn't out to get you and sometimes the changes our pastors preach need to take place within us aren't just for others. I hope you gathered that some of them are for us. Introspection is so important for us, as believers, because so much of the Bible tells us that things must be removed from within us for God to live there.       Perhaps I should've talked about this last week, but here goes. Read Psalm 51 , one of the psalms of repentance . It's pretty intense. David talks about confessing his sin to God and how the Father delights in the truth in our "inner being." (verse 6) Family, that comes from the cleansing David talks about in verse 7: " Purge me   M...