Sometimes, God wants to test our faith in him...
Instead of swooping down like Captain Planet to 'save the day' he said 'look at my princess, finally pursuing me back. Let's see how much she'll let me love her.
He told me to fast and pray. I said, "Okay. Tell me how." I was nervous, then, because I just KNEW it was a rest. I got anxious, wanting to begin as soon as possible. But I waited until he said, 'go.' I didn't want to do it alone.
I'd begun an nearly seamless friendship with a delightful and spirited young woman I'll call AP 😊. We talked almost daily even/especially when I didn't feel like it. She wouldn't let me sulk or throw pity parties. She encouraged me to seek God in everything and even nudged me to him in the best way: sincerity. She was genuine and kind and wasn't afraid to tell me what I needed to hear (feelings are fleeting, kids). Finding a willing real friend in the Church can be hard. Sometimes, you meet people with ulterior motives. Other times, you might encounter someone who knows no other way of encouraging beyond 'spitting' bible verses at them [only to gossip about you later]. But she loved me like a sister almost immediately and as an introverted only-child, that kind of love was completely new.
I told her some of the things I'd been going through and she shared some of her issues as well. I asked her to fast with me and she said yes! 😁 we started on the first of February, encouraging each other along the way. We prayed together and for each other and I think I got more spiritual encouragement from her in one short month than I have from most people I've known my whole life. Thanks, AP! You're awesome!
The night before we began our fast, I prayed a powerful prayer of purge/release and clarity. I wante- needed God to make things clear for me. I wanted to see people and things for what they really were. I wanted a clearer picture of God. But I knew that I needed to be purged of some things, to release others in order to have room for God. It was heavy for me, but I'd soon find out just how much my Father loved me. 😊
Comments
Post a Comment